Last Updated: January 6, 2016
tellomee (hereinafter referred to as "tellomee", "we", "us" or "our") operates a platform and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book meetings with a Local to gain insight on the area they are visiting through our website ("Platform").
"Aggregated Information" means information about all of our users or specific groups or categories of users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user.
"Data Controller" means tellomee, the company responsible for the use and processing of Personal Information.
“Listing” means a Locals’ description of the services they provide and location of services.
“Local” means a person who lives within the city that they claim to be knowledgeable about in order to offer services.
“Meeting” means the location at which the Traveler and Local meet to discuss the services provided by the Local.
"Personal Information" means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
“Traveler” means a person visiting a city where they are intending to connect with a Local to utilize services offered in the Listing at a Meeting.
WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES TELLOMEE GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
1. Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
1. fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you subscribe to mailing lists or submit applications;
2. access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post Listings, make or accept bookings, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
3. communicate with tellomee.
4. Basic user information, such as your name, gender, age range, email address, phone number, interests, expertise, location, visiting from, emergency contact, photographs, and other interests and self-descriptions you choose to provide;
2. Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with tellomee or logged in to your tellomee account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
HOW TELLOMEE USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
We use, store and process Information about you for the following general purposes:
1. to enable you to access and use the Platform;
2. to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, tellomee's business, and our users' experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and for advertising and marketing;
3. to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as fraud detection and prevention, conducting investigations and risk assessments, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases such as public government databases;
4. to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5. where we have your consent, to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about tellomee or general promotions for partner campaigns and services. You can unsubscribe or opt-out from receiving these communications at the bottom of our emails or contacting us directly by email;
6. to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by tellomee or our business partners; and
7. to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
HOW TELLOMEE USES AND PROCESSES USER COMMUNICATIONS
We may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending third party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to third parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that tellomee, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
WHEN TELLOMEE DISCLOSES OR SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOM
When you use the Platform, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries.
We may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to countries outside of the European Economic Area ("EEA") including the United States. Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes or to the extent necessary to operate and manage referral and rewards programs.
2. Your public Listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city you are located in, your interests and expertise descriptions, your calendar availability, your public profile photo and your responsiveness in replying to Guests' queries. Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes. The Platform may also display the meetings approximate geographic location on a map, such that a user can see the general area of the Meeting.
3. The Platform allows your public profile and public Listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results. We do not control the practices of third-party search engines, and they may use caches containing outdated information, including any information indexed by the search engine before you change the information on your public profile or public Listing pages.
4. When you submit a request to book a Meeting, tellomee will create a new chatroom using a third party, tlk.io, where anyone who has the link will be able to join the chat and see the conversation. tellomee is not responsible for the information disclosed in the chat, we just offer a means for the Traveler and Local to communicate and are not liable to privacy policies of the third party. The link will be disclosed to both Traveler and Local. The user will choose a nickname, full name, or link to twitter profile handle on their own.
5. When your request to book a meeting is accepted by the Local or when you accept a Traveler's request to book a Meeting, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Traveler or Local.
a. Meeting location
b. First Name
c. Email (if opted in during scheduling communications with tellomee)
d. Phone# (if opted in during scheduling communications with tellomee)
6. When you meet a Traveler or when you meet a Local, we will ask you to review the Local/Traveler. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform.
7. We may distribute parts of the Platform (including your Listing) for display on sites operated by tellomee's business partners and affiliates, such as using profile images and screen grabs of reviews. If and when your Listings are displayed on a partner's site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
a. providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law;
b. or based on information supplied by law enforcement, we, in our sole discretion, believe: (a) that providing notice could create a risk of injury or death to an individual or group of individuals, (b) that the case involves potential harm to minors, or (c) that harm or fraud could be directed to tellomee, its Members, the Platform, or Services.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS BY TELLOMEE
HOW TO CHANGE OR DELETE YOUR INFORMATION, OR CANCEL YOUR TELLOMEE ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your tellomee account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your tellomee account entirely, you can do so by emailing us with your account changes. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your first name, even after your tellomee account is cancelled.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
The Platform will contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by tellomee. tellomee does not have any control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies, web beacons or other files on your device, or collect and solicit Personal Information from you. They will have their own rules about the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information.